Acts 13:1-3 (11:19-30)
The Antioch Church:
A Model for our Churches
The Video Living Commentary
Paul J. Bucknell
A Bible video exposition of The Antioch Church Model on Acts 13:1-3 shows how the Spirit of God shapes churches that actually are great examples for us. Are we ready for the challenge? Why after two millenniums do we still not get it straight?
Acts 13:1-3 Video Podcast - Click below to play
Purpose of Podcast movie
A Bible exposition of The Antioch Church Model on Acts 13:1-3 shows how the Spirit of God shapes churches that actually are great examples for us. Are we ready for the challenge? Why after two millenniums do we still not get it straight?
“Now there were at Antioch, in the church that was there, prophets and teachers: Barnabas, and Simeon who was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. And while they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them." Then, when they had fasted and prayed and laid their hands on them, they sent them away” (Acts 13:1-3).
Outline and application questions for Acts 13 are below.
A) A Developed Church (Acts 13:1)
- We need to ask, “What kind of church are we?”
- “What are we passing on to others?”
- What kind of leadership do we have?
- How does it help or hinder us?
- What is our vision?
- What is it that God wants to do through our lives?
B) A Diverse Church (Acts 13:1)
- Am I prejudiced against any race, culture, language or class?
- Have I been hurt by others due to my ethnicity?
- Have I fully forgiven them?
- Have we forsaken biblical principles to prioritize a false teaching of diversity?
C) A God-seeking Church (Acts 13:2)
- Have you learned to minister to the Lord?
- To fast?
- God wants to raise up leaders from among us. Each of us should be willing to wait upon Him and take part in what the Lord is giving to the church. Are you?
D) A Mission Church (Acts 13:3)
- Do we have the vision to send?
- Have we prioritized our resources?
- Are we ready to send our young?
- Are we prepared to go?
Click to play.
Or download the two great Firefox or Safari free web browsers .
Please note this is a m4v file and if preferred can be downloaded and played
on QuickTime (free) or other players. Click 'watch' above to view it here.
Go > Read the five part series on Acts 13:1-3, The Antioch Church: A Model for Our Churches