4 The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:
3. What do verses 2:4, 6, 9 have in common? What is the Greek word for ‘says’?
4. What does the person in 2:4 say? How does he live?
5. What does John state about this person? What do these words mean?
6. What is the way to be expected in a genuine Christian?
7. Explain the phrase ‘in him the love of God has truly been perfected:
8. Is it okay to ‘know’ or be sure we belong to the Lord’s? If yes, then why does he cause some people to question their salvation?
9. God wants to assure the new Christian that he is a believer if indeed he knows Christ. (See 1 John 2:12). How can we be assured of our faith and yet not fall into the trap John here explains?
B.) The Profession Based on Relationship (2:6-8)