Ephesians 2:1-3- Podcast
The Bible Teaching Commentary
Our Need, His Grace
Paul J. Bucknell
Purpose: "Our Need, His Grace" is The Bible Teacher's Commentary based on Ephesians 2:1-3. Ephesians 2:1-3 enables us to better appreciate our salvation by emphasizing our great need for God's saving intervention in our lives. Without His light and love, we would have rightly been condemned to darkness forever. This study on Ephesians 2:1-3 is divided into five sections including Bible Study Questions. The podcast is below.
Questions to ponder as you listen to Ephesians 2:1-3.
- What is he writing about here in Ephesians 2:1-3?
- How does he describe man in Ephesians 2:1?
- What does 'trespass' and 'sin' differ from each other? What might Paul be referring to?
- Does Paul refer to being physically dead? Spiritually dead? What does being 'dead'mean?
- In Ephesians 2:2 how does Paul describe our past lives?
- Who is he referring to here? Why does he say 'formerly?'
- Describe five characteristics of the dark spiritual world from your own experience.
- Who is the prince of the power of the air? What does this mean? Use other scriptures to help define who this one might be.