Romans 6:1-14 Basic Study Questions
DOES SALVATION MEAN WE ARE FREE TO SIN?
Living Commentary Series
Paul J. Bucknell
Romans 6:1-14 Bible Study: Does Salvation Mean We are Free to Sin? provides practical aspects of how justification of faith (salvation by faith in Christ) impacts our Christian lives.
- Rephrase Romans 6:1 into your own words. Have you ever heard anyone ask this before?
- Examine Romans 5:20-21. Note any possible connection these verses have with Romans 6:1.
- What answer does Paul give to the question he raises in Romans 6:1 (see verse 2)?
- What does Paul assume that all Christians should know (see Romans 6:3)?
- For what reason have we been buried with Christ through baptism into death (Romans 6:4)?
||Order the Book of Romans: Laying a Solid Foundation commentary (in a 3 ring binder).
You can download the whole Roman's commentary in eBook (regular print size - pdf).
- “If we have been united with him like this in __________ ,
we will certainly also be united with him in his ___________ “ (Romans 6:5).
- List two or three ways Paul describes us before we were Christians (Romans 6:6).
- What happened to that “old” person (Romans 6:6, 8)?
- Death used to be our master. Who is our master now (Romans 6:8-10)?
- Write down and memorize Romans 6:11.
- What is the practical outworking of this spiritual experience and exchange of masters (Romans 6:12)?
- “Do not offer __________________________ to sin, as
instruments of wickedness, but rather offer __________ to
God, as those who have been brought from death to life;
and offer ___________________________ to him as
instruments of righteousness.” (Finish from Romans 6:13).
- Why does he say that sin shall not be master over us (Romans 6:14)?
- List at least three changes you desire to take place in your life because of these verses.
Bonus questions on Romans 6:1-14
- What does Romans 6 teach about baptism?
- How do these teachings of baptism relate to your concepts of baptism (perhaps as taught in your church)?
||Order the Romans Bible study book (in a 3 ring binder).
You can download it as a nicely formatted eBook (regular print size - pdf).
The BFF New Testament Bible Digital Library has all the Roman study and advanced study questions (as above) plus all of BFF's Bible resources. Details or purchase.
Visit the BFF Resource Store page