- BFF Home
- About Us
- Life Truths
- RSS Feed
The Bible Teacher's Commentary
Romans 9:24-33 Bible Study: Answering God's Accusers continues Paul's defense of God's faithfulness to His word.
1. Who does the “even us” of verse 24 refer to? Check out Romans 9:22-23.
2. From what two groups were these special people called or taken from (Romans 9:24)?
3. What book of the Bible does he quote verses from to prove this (Romans 9:25)?
4. List the three descriptions of God’s people, before and after God dealt with them (Romans 9:25-26).
1) Before After
2) Before After
3) Before After
5. The Lord states two facts about the Israelites from Romans 9:27. What are they?
First truth: The sons of Israel will be as many as the grains of sand of the sea.
6. Are we sure these things will occur (see Romans 9:28)?
7. Verse 29 is rephrased in the NIV with “Unless the Lord Almighty...”. The original text literally translated from the Old Testament says, “Except the LORD of Sabaoth...”
What does ‘Sabaoth’ mean? How is it that they translate it “Lord Almighty”?
8. What are we to assume concerning the nature of Israel from what it says in Romans 9:29?
9. Complete the two contrasts Paul mentions in Romans 9:30 & 31. Please circle & fill in.
The Gentiles (did/did not) pursue ___________________ (have/have not) obtained it (9:30).
The Israelites (did/did not) pursue __________________ (have/have not) attained it (9:31).
10. Why is it that the Israelites were unsuccessful (Romans 9:32)?
11. What promise is given both to the Jews and to the Gentiles (Romans 9:33)?
12. List at least two changes you desire to take place in your life because of these verses:
Bonus questions on Romans 9:24-33
Would you say from these verses that God has a bias either for the Jews or for the Gentiles?
|Order the Romans Bible study book.|
You can download it as a nicely formatted eBook (regular print size - pdf).
The BFF New Testament Bible Digital Library has all the Roman study and advanced study questions (as above) plus all of BFF's Bible resources. Details or purchase.