|Becoming an Overcomer:
1) Pick an area that you are struggling with. Find a relevant Bible passage.
2) Write out some truths from the passage that have to do with your situation.
3) Write out 1 or 2 applications from each truth that has to do with that problem.
4) Pray the prayer through using all three steps.
As you begin to regularly do this, you can almost do steps #2 and 3 automatically and go right into prayer. Daily devotions is great practice grounds.
What one or two special lessons, stories, illustrations, warnings, etc. can I share with others that might encourage their faith?
- George Mueller dearly loved his wife. After 30 years of marriage, she died. He chose to lead the funeral. He trusted God with all his many needs left vacant by the passing of his wife. Note how he did not question God but affirmed His Lordship.
- He thanked God for giving her as his wife.
- He thank the Lord for having her as his wife so long.
- He lastly thanked the Lord for taking her away just at that point.
This was not easy to so say but when one thinks about the ramifications, of course it is true. Nothing could be better planned than the passing of his wife. God doesn't make mistakes.