Pray BFF Letter #147
Saturday, April 17, 2009
Dear Support Team,
Pressured by Both Sides
Pressures are good for the soul! They test our convictions, resolve and help confirm our goals. Some pressures are good while others can lead to compromise if not careful. Let me share two pressures that I sense.
Pressure #1 Rather Unpleasant
One person asked me to take down a web page that he thought was unfair to those who are not heterosexuals. (Yes I am trying to avoid a web search by avoiding a certain word). I can understand him. He knew of one dear friend that was killed by those who hated such a person. There is so much animosity that builds up in unloving and unjust situations. He told me that he is writing legislation to compel people to be silent about how such a position is unbiblical (because he believes it creates hate). I suspect that I will need further wisdom in the future.
Pressure #2 Very Delightful
Another area of pressure is much more refreshing! One pastor in Kenya wants to travel to the discipleship seminar. The only problem is that it is 8 hours away! The organizer told me it will cost US$120 for the four of them. I think printing costs are going to go beyond budget this time. At the present time,we only have 10% of the funds for the trip in hand and it is only 6 weeks away! Listen to how the organizer of the seminar wrote challenging me to not worry about the costs not only for this one pastor but for quite a few!
I am planning to bring also about 8-10 pastors from Kisumu region in western Kenya thats about 280 miles away from Nairobi who will stay until the meetings are over. These pastors are coming from some remote places in Kenya and in the rural villages but they are having a burning passion to come and receive the teachings. They hardly get any biblical trainings due to poverty and this kind of unique opportunity is one they would like to take part in and get started with the fire of revival and in their areas of ministry.
I don't know how I will get these pastors to Nairobi and back but Please let us keep trusting our Big God that He will miraculously surprise you as you try to raise funds for Kenya mission and then only you will know for sure that God has seen the thirsty and hungry hearts of His Kenyan children that needs to be fed by you.
We are waiting to see a Mighty move of God through the Holy Spirit and Money Money Money is NOT going to be a stumbling block because our God is wealthy and owns all gold and silver.
I love this kind of pressure. This is exactly what we need, is it not? Pressure to reach out to our miraculous God for Him to do great things. Do join in prayer with these brothers and me!
- The Chinese parenting class has been going well! Lots of questions. Not all are easy to answer! Two classes to go. We have had a babysitter for each class. This has been great.
- Praise the Lord for the finances donated for the Africa mission trip so far.
- Paul has revised the 'Building Great Marriages'book and sent it off to Africa for the seminar.
- The African itinerary has been settled as you can see by last letter.
- Good response for the marriage seminar registration. Rev. Godstime says,
Greetings to you in Jesus name, Amen. We have spread the news so much that, many people has come to book down for the conference, we have great numbers of people today.
- Two more classes on Biblical Parenting Principles. Paul is revising handouts and PowerPoint.
- Paul would like a new cover before publishing the book, 'Building Great Marriages' in book format.
- Linda's knee has been having problems for more than 1 month. Paul's (maybe out of sympathy) knee is also now causing him to limp at times.
- Book of Romans and Discipleship materials still need to be prepared for the trip.
- Pray that the whole $8000 budget will come in.
- We are sorry to say that Rev. Hugo will not be able to join Paul. Paul needs lots of extra grace to endure the heavy speaking load.
- Paul needs grace as he upgrades BFF's 3 Libraries into Libraries that will include more training materials.
In Christ's Majestic Love,
Rev. Paul J. Bucknell, President
Biblical Foundations for Freedom
Phone: (+01) 412-398-4559
3276 Bainton St.,
Pittsburgh, PA 15212 USA