Pray BFF Letter #271
March 12, 2016
pdf printable | Apple/Nook
Disciple Making in Kenya
Dear Prayer Partners,
“You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32).
The need for God’s people to hear His Word in such a way that it changes their lives, families, churches, and societies is tremendous. The Lord has called pastors, teachers, evangelists and those who train them to provide instruction and care (Eph 4). The very first pastor’s training seminars with BFF were back in 2004, an incredible decade ago. In a few weeks, I will fly out to the African continent again with His life-changing truths.
I am not convinced that the mere teaching of God’s Word helps people. Many times I have found that people do not realize that God’s Word, the Bible, actually applies to all aspects of their lives: marriage, family, self-control, worries, anger issues, growing relationships, etc. Once people find out that God’s Word is so practical, it becomes more valuable than gold. Truths then can be wonderfully harvested and invested into our lives and ministries. The last time I spoke in Kenya, was largely on marriage. This trip has two themes: “Raising a Godly Family” and “Becoming an Overcomer.”
We realize each seminar is a spiritual war. I am less concerned about physical problems but more aware of the spiritual battles at hand. The biggest struggle is to have the pastors realize that God’s Word is meant to be practical, to help them be faithful disciples and to make loyal disciples. If they have no faith in God’s Word, like in the parable of the Sower, what is sown at the seminar will be taken from them as they leave, and not really make an impact in a way that will transform them. Faith brings hope. So do pray for me as I hold 4 seminars in eastern Kenya, two on a rustic island and the others in a moderately-sized city.
- Tickets are bought and arrangements are largely worked out.
- Rev. Matthews has been of extreme help, even visiting these places for me.
- Praise the Lord we have almost 80% of the needed $9,000.+ in.
- I am extremely glad my air ticket–for once–goes from home right to the final airport.
- The final proof of my new and expanded, “The Bible Teaching Commentary on Genesis: The Book of Foundations” (415 pp.) will soon be on the way here to by office, thanks to my daughter Allison’s editing hand.
Follow Paul on Twitter! @PaulJBucknell
- Sunday March 13, Paul teaches and preaches in that order.
- Next week personal and business taxes need to be done.
- Finalizing of the seminar talks and handouts for printing must be completed.
- I leave April 1. Safety and ministry blessing.
- Protection for family while away.
- Final amount needed for the training in Kenya to come in!
As always, thanks so much for your prayers!
Rev. Paul J. Bucknell, President and Instructor
Biblical Foundations for Freedom
Phone/text: (+1) 412-398-4559 (Mobile)
3276 Bainton St, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 USA
BFF Prayer Letter Archives
In case you wondered, here are five ways to give to BFF:
• Send a check addressed to BFF (or Biblical Foundations for Freedom). If you are giving to the mission trip, mark it so (STM).
• Make regular donations with ease going to your “Pay Bills” section on your online account. Just type in BFF and our address and a check will be sent for the amount you set up. No extra fees deducted, not even a stamp needed!
• On the BFF store page (top right), make a donation from Paypal or credit card: bit.ly/bffstore
• Call and make a credit card donation over the phone
• Visit our Square account: mkt.com/bucknell where you can use your credit care to make a donation.
Please note that BFF is an official 501(c)(3) nonprofit religious organization and able to offer tax deductible receipts for contributions in the United States. All USA giving will get email receipts in January after the end of the year which you can print. Individual onetime donations are individually responded to so you know we received them. Regular donations are not monthly responded to unless requested.