Pray BFF Letter #309
April 25, 2018
Back From Nepal
Dear Prayer Partners,
Engaged in editing projects keep me busy, but I am encouraged to see projects completed. The concentration I need to edit larsge books overwhelms me—making multiple decisions each moment as I progress from one line to the next—not fun but needed. Praise God that Inductive Bible Studies in the Book of Titus is ready to publish.
Just today, I finished editing and uploaded the Nepali audios/videos for Building a Great Marriage. The Christians there, including the leaders as well as a Burmese (Myanmar) pastor that recently visited, repeatedly told me, “We have never heard such teaching (about marriage).”I hear this in each country I visit, making this work essential. The web introduces new worlds to the believers, making them wonder about their marriage. What we take for granted is gold to others. In any case, it is nice to complete this job. If you have Nepalese friends, have them write to me for free access.
This Sunday my sermon is on the first commandment (Exodus 20:3) which overwhelms me. I have only forty minutes to preach, but I am sure I could speak for three straight hours. I’ll try to post the message on my BFF Facebook account. I am trying to make available many of the new BFF resources there for a short time for people’s convenience. Facebook and Twitter have significantly restricted my accounts for about six months, but if you join/like the BFF Facebook page, I think you will see it.
Next week Linda and I will go off for our 40th-anniversary trip. Raising eight children sure makes the time go fast. Our youngest, Rebekah, just got her driver’s permit. Several other out-of-state trips are coming up also this summer.
- Completion of the Nepalese marriage audio/video series.
- We thank the Lord for each of our eight children and now five grandchildren. This is birthday season, so it gets a bit busy celebrating, almost like it never stops!
- We hosted a pastor and his wife for a short stay—all the way from Myanmar (see above picture).
- Grateful to get Inductive Bible Studies in the Book of Titus ready for publishing.
- We wound up an exciting Sunday Training series on the church.
Please pray for:
- Seeking a wonderful time away with my wife, Linda, to celebrate our 40th anniversary.
- Need perseverance and a good eye to get other books ready for publishing.
- Preoccupied with editing but still contributing to several important book projects.
- The Spirit’s leading for increased counseling.
- Wisdom to know what steps to take to distribute further the many resources the Lord has given us. I could honestly increase our staff here. (Raise your support and join us!)
Thanks so much for your prayers!
Please note that BFF is an official 501(c)(3) nonprofit religious organization and offers tax-deductible receipts for USA contributions. Please designate 'STM' if the gift is for that purpose.
Donate here: bit.ly/bff-donate
PaulRev. Paul J. Bucknell, President, Author, and Instructor
Biblical Foundations for Freedom
BFF Facebook: www.facebook.com/Biblical-Foundations-for-Freedom-BFF-209924859048429/
Paul’s Twitter: @PaulJBucknell
- Thank the Lord for a great trip in Nepal.
- Thank the Lord for good health, watching over the home, and keeping the church teaching team going while away.
- We are very appreciative of a number of donations in March.
- Linda and I planted the lettuce, spinach, and chard in our garden and tidied up the yard. It was a great way to fight off afternoon jet lag by working in the bright light.
Follow Paul on Twitter! @PaulJBucknell
- Pray forPastor Jacob who is teaching on marriage with BFF resources in Cameroon this weekend.
- Intercede for Pastor Lito who, along with his wife and older daughter, were hurt in a car accident totaling their car.
- Pastor Jagannath’s charges have not yet been pressed but suspects it might be after the elections.
- Paul is preaching Sunday (29th) and teaching the next two weekends.
- Paul hopes to get 2 books ready for printing by the end of May.
Rev. Paul J. Bucknell, President, Author, and Instructor
Biblical Foundations for Freedom
Phone/text: (+1) 412*398*4559 (Mobile)
3276 Bainton St, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 USA
- Visit our Square account: mkt.com/bucknell where you can use your credit card to order or make a donation. BFF is an official 501(c)(3) nonprofit religious organization and able to offer tax deductible receipts for contributions in the United States. All orders go to BFF.
- Please note 'STM' if for the mission trip or 'Love' for the Love Fund.