Pray BFF Letter #260
June 5, 2015
Heading for South Asia
“ I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God
for salvation to everyone who believes” (Romans 1:16)
Dear Prayer Partners,
I usually space out my overseas trips , one in spring, one in the fall. But I will be going to India in early July (rather than in the fall), before my visa expires. When crossing time zones, my whole system goes off kilter while away and for almost two weeks after my return. We appreciate your prayers!
I have not been to this particular place in north India for a while now, but look forward to visiting old friends and being able to encourage them through instruction and the translation of our book. This trip would enable us, by God’s grace, to extend our resources in the Hindi language. Hindi is the world’s third most used language with over 800 million users. Anything we can get translated would be an extreme help to the believers there (and to us in reaching our goals).
One of the most common requests is to get BFF books into other languages. There is such a dearth of Christian resources in these countries. You will remember that we had our Building a Great Marriage book translated into Burmese. Now we are having The Life Core: Discovering the Heart of Great Training translated into Hindi. A substantial donation toward the Resource Translation Fund is a great answer to prayer. (Feel free to donate to this fund as the Lord leads - write ‘translation’ on the check memo.)
We are thankful to have our main Burmese audios/videos now available - along with the 20+ web pages-at no cost. More recently, I have been trying to get both the speaker (myself) and the translator in the camera. It usually works (see right) but sometimes one of us wanders out of view!
The reformatted Burmese marriage book is coming along. My goal is to be able to make it available here in a common format (6x9). Remember that there are many refugees here. I have added Burmese graphics to the book (see left). The translator gave me the words, but I have to guess what words go where. Google translator can actually help here–usually. The human translator still has to correct wrong sentence separation after reformatting.
- Thank the Lord-the Burmese resources are close to completion!
- Safe driving with my Mom from Florida to Boston to help her move.
- Thankfully, most things are organized for my trip to India.
- The Lord blessed Pastor Stephen and the team’s evangelism trip in India to an unreached tribe.
- We thank the Lord for one safe delivery of supplies towards Nepal Relief with our coordination team there.
Join Paul on Twitter! @PaulJBucknell
- This trip to India is sudden. Paul has lots to prepare.
- Pray for our busy translator as we finish up the Burmese marriage book.
- Continue to pray for the rebuilding of the church building where we just held our seminar in Yangon. It was flooded and taken down to rescue some parts.
- The Chinese videos still need to be edited.
- Another delivery of supplies to Nepal is June 10 (if you want to give through BFF, put - Love in the memo). Their situation is so desperate. Many remote places are being neglected and need airdrops. Please read their own letter!
As always, thanks so much for your prayers!
Rev. Paul J. Bucknell, President and Instructor
Biblical Foundations for Freedom
Phone/text: (+1) 412-398-4559 (Mobile)
3276 Bainton St, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 USA
BFF is an official 501(c)(3) nonprofit religious organization and able to offer receipts for contributions in the United States. Address your financial support to Biblical Foundations for Freedom (or BFF). All designated funds go to the general fund, but specified gifts are allowed: STM (overseas training), Love (helping overseas pastors/ Christian leaders and families in need, Translation). Thank you for your kind giving!