Pray BFF Letter #292
April 29, 2017
The Birthing of a New Seminar
Dear Prayer Partners,
The last 8 months have flown by serving as the part-time interim pastor at the Oakland International Fellowship, with extra duties in ministries and family. This delightful time has been a win-win.
I have been able to help the church through this transition time while at the same time develop many new resources for BFF’s digital libraries and website. Many of BFF’s resources originated right here at the church as various series for Sunday Training or sermons dealing with practical issues.
Series like Redemption Through the Scriptures and Life in the Spirit provide very practical help for God’s people. This time, however, is quickly winding down as our church has voted to invite a new pastor, allowing me to return to concentrate on the development of BFF resources for the God’s people all around the world.
In June I will teach a new seminar, Striving for Moral Purity. Interestingly, this is the first topic the Lord put on my heart to write about, Running the Race, when He called me to start BFF way back at the end of 2000–an unbelievable 17 years ago. The web was in its infancy! I remember keeping the images scaled down very small because bandwidth was incredibly limited.
No doubt this seminar will incorporate many new teaching insights from over the years, but it still holds to its foundation: God’s life of purity is much greater than the impurity that the world offers. Our message is rarely heard, but we are confident that God’s truth can help His people actually overcome the sensual temptations being thrown at them in the world.
Your prayers are very much appreciated! Thanks!
- Thank the Lord for His help over these months to smoothly coordinate the BFF ministry along with Sunday ministry at Oakland International Fellowship.
- Planning for the new preaching series on the Beatitudes is coming along.
- Been able to do much of the work for a new seminar, “Striving for Moral Purity.”
- Thank the Lord for calling a new OIF pastor.
- Praise God for answering many family prayer items: Elizabeth is expecting, Christy and Elias are moving to Raleigh for work, Allison has finally landed a job in her profession also in Raleigh, Daniel is preparing for his college program, Benjamin won another award for his chef work, Kathryn found a job at the local florist which she loves, Isaac will soon be graduating and taking the computer science program at Cedarville University, and Rebekah has adjusted well to virtual school.
Follow Paul on Twitter! @PaulJBucknell
- Preaching and teaching responsibilities will double up in the next few weeks.
- Paul will be closely working with the new pastor to help him in his new position.
- Starting a new preaching series on the Beatitudes, Kingdom Living, next week (May 7th).
- Paul needs to fill in his yearly special non-profit tax form of about 30 pages.
- For financial assistance for Isaac’s upcoming college expenses.
- Planning for the next Short Term overseas training trip (many invitations; discernment needed).
Rev. Paul J. Bucknell, President, Author, and Instructor
Biblical Foundations for Freedom
Phone/text: (+1) 412-398-4559 (Mobile)
3276 Bainton St, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 USA
• Visit our Square account: mkt.com/bucknell where you can use your credit card to make a donation. BFF is an official 501(c)(3) nonprofit religious organization and able to offer tax deductible receipts for contributions in the United States.