- BFF Home
- About Us
- Life Truths
- RSS Feed
Romans 9:1-13 Bible Study: What About God's Promises to the Jews? begins Paul's treatment of charges against God's faithfulness to His promises.
1. List the five phrases from 9:1-2 that describe Paul’s sincerity and feelings.
2. What is it that Paul wishes it to happen (see verse 9:3)? Try to put it in your own words.
3. List all the ways Paul describes the special blessings that mark off the Israelites as the people of God (4-5)?
4. Has God’s word failed at all (6)?
Order the Book of Romans: Bible Studies in digital or paperback!
You can download the whole Roman's commentary in eBook (regular print size - pdf).
5. What simple reasoning does Paul give for this conclusion (6b)?
6. Paul shows biblical proof for this conclusion by quoting and commenting on several biblical passages. Write down these four Old Testament quotes and their references, then go back to each passage and see what each quote actually proves.
a. Romans 9:6-7
b. Romans 9:8-9
c. Romans 9:10-12
d. Romans 9:13
(This proves the same thing as the above one in verses 10-12.)
7. List at least two changes you desire to take place in your life because of these verses:
Bonus questions on Romans 9:1-13
• It is important that we do not doubt God’s promises under any condition. Is there anything you now doubt about God? Think again through the verses in 8:31-39 and 9:6. Confess your doubts to the Lord and ask for wisdom to understand His ways regarding this matter.
|Order the Romans Bible study book (in a 3 ring binder).|
You can download it as a nicely formatted eBook (regular print size - pdf).
The BFF New Testament Bible Digital Library has all the Roman study and advanced study questions (as above) plus all of BFF's Bible resources. Details or purchase.