Touching Our Lives
What principles were strongly impressed on you today? Circle the ones that are most significant.
- Relying on our own resources is the problem not the solution.
- The battle is held in a spiritual field that we can't see; this is why many fail.
- Behind our personal difficulties lie invisible spiritual issues.
- Our own tactics and weapons are unable to correct our personal problems.
- Special weapons of divine origin are designed to destroy these fortresses (strongholds).
- God brings us into difficult circumstances so that we see how His weapons work.
- The two principles to overcome worry are destroying lies and meditating on truth.
- Lies are like seeds that always lead to disobedience.
- There is no neutral ground. Do nothing and be controlled by lies.
- We must take truth and let it like seed grow up in our lives producing godly lives.
- Discernment will enable us to connect thoughts, beliefs and actions.
- Influence what a person believes, and you have control over that person.
- Meditation on God's Word is an excellent spiritual discipline to control ones mind.
What clear decisions, plans, or confessions do I need to make because of what God spoke to me during this session?
Wrong thoughts lead to wrong words, attitudes, words and actions. Take a moment and write down anything that you need to straighten out with God.
If we only were humble enough to accept the rebuke of a brother, we would be protected from so much danger. Exercise: Try to think of two people. The first person you know would welcome a kind rebuke from God's Word. The second would avoid it. Which person are you more like?
I need to take firmer action in bringing God’s Word to my mind and will.
What one or two special lessons, stories, illustrations, warnings, etc. can I share with others that might encourage their faith?
Destroying the Roots of Anxiety