Pray BFF Letter #148
Saturday May 2, 2009
Dear Support Team,
We have been giving and hearing many thanks lately. We like that!
Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord for the conclusion of a very attentive parenting class. The students were from all different ages (even one grandma) and from the beginning were full of good questions. Their Chinese was not always easy to understand, (I'm sure ours was not either!), but we think we got most of the questions like, "What do you do when your toddler throws up to get his own way?" How would you answer that one!
Thank the Lord for helping us to speak to the Chinese fellowship for married couples. There was good attendance.
We appreciate how the Lord leads people from Nairobi to write to us with questions or requesting information. One represents a Christian organization that wants to use BFF family and marriage materials. Two others want to start discipleship or training organizations. After last year's killing, they know the gospel must go deeper. Paul is making appointments with them to meet and discuss while he is in Nairobi. Paul tells them upfront that BFF has no finances to support them, but can only provide training materials and give advice. They seem very happy with that.
Many pastors and church planters write requestingfree materialss (not Libraries anymore). It is so exciting to be part of their personal and ministry growth. (And so are you when you join us in our prayers).
- Nigerian pastor - I want to register my appreciation for the BFF Library you sent. It is a blessing to my life and ministry. May the almighty God increase you more and more. Once again I am grateful.
- Malaysian pastor - Today, 30th April, I received safely the Library. Many thanks. I will be able to have many hours learning.... and subsequently sharing. Sometimes Christian materials are checked and returned by our customs, religious contents. Praise God your Library was unchecked, unopened, mainly because of your packaging and of course prayer.
- US (regular order) - Thank you for your generosity in sharing this priceless material. We are so thankful for the information that you have provided. It will help us immensely to be able to help others. We appreciate you and your family.
Paul is glad to say that 30% of the budget for the Africa trip is in or promised. It is a lot better than 5%. Most other details for the trip have also been worked out. Paul is so glad that he has only three 4-page articles left for the Book of Romans 100+ page book. It has been challenging to edit and write for so many chapters.
- Paul's 3 Roman studies need to be done by early next week plus editing and unifying.
- Paul will be speaking at a Texas church retreat May 23-25 largely on discipleship.
- Paul would like a new cover before publishing the book, "Building Great Marriages" in book format.
- Linda's knee has been having problems for more than 2 months. Paul's knee is all better.
- Discipleship materials still need to be organized for printing.
- Pray that the needed $4000 budget for Africa will come in.
In Christ's Majestic Love,
Rev. Paul J. Bucknell, President
Biblical Foundations for Freedom
Phone: (+01) 412-398-4559
3276 Bainton St.,
Pittsburgh, PA 15212 USA