- BFF Home
- About Us
- Life Truths
- RSS Feed
“For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit” (1 Pet 3:18 nasb).
1. Summarize the first five truths that come first to your mind that comprise of the Gospel.
2. Memorize 1 Peter 3:18. What part stands out most to you?
3. For what reason does 1 Peter 3:18 say Christ Jesus died?
4. What significance is it that Jesus died once for all? Why did Peter state this obvious truth?
5. Does Peter state the Jesus died for the good people? Explain.
6. What is the ultimate goal for Jesus dying for us? How does this relate to our understanding of what a Christian is?
7. Why might Peter emphasize that Jesus "was put to death in the flesh?"
8. What does it mean that Jesus was "made alive in the spirit" (or another good translation: "by the Spirit")?
9. Why is it good and necessary to articulate the specific truths that comprise the Gospel?
10. Which point helped clarify the gospel for you most? Why?
Scriptures typically quoted from the New American Standard Bible unless noted:
(C) Copyright The Lockman Foundation 1988