A Study on Spiritual Life
See the article on John 7:37-39 for answers.
Bible Study Questions
- 'What day did Jesus made the proclamation in John 7:37-39? What was the significance of that day? Bonus: List the 7 festivals of the Hebrew redemptive calendar.
- What verses did they close the ceremony of that day? Share at least two things that are significant about those verses regarding Christ the Messiah.
- Why don’t people recognize their thirsts? Why is this so bad?
- What soul thirsts do you know of people around you? Do you have any?
- What are the two things Jesus tells people to do in order to quench their spiritual thirsts?
- Is coming to Jesus and coming to church the same? Why or why not? What then does ‘come to Me’ mean?
- What does ‘drink’ describe? How can we allow the Holy Spirit make a bigger impact on our lives?
- Is the baptism of the Holy Spirit come at a different time then when the believer gets the Holy Spirit at salvation? What do these verses say about this?
- List three symbols for the Holy Spirit and what they stand for.
- What is significant about the use of ‘river’ to describe the Spirit’s work in our lives?
- Why is describing Christ in a Christian’s life a crutch wrong?
- Why is it that Christians seem to have dry thirsty lives when they should be like abounding rivers?
- What steps can a Christian take to restore the flow of the rivers of the Spirit in their lives?
See the study on John 7:37-39 for answers.
Biblical Foundations for Freedom
Rev. Paul J. Bucknell