- BFF Home
- About Us
- Life Truths
- RSS Feed
God was not content to merely create a army of workers but restored us as intimate friends with Him forever so that we could engage in all sorts of projects together. There is, perhaps, no better place to see this than in the various covenants, including the Old and New Covenants, that God put in place to restore that special partnership between Him and His people.
2) What is so surprising of God’s willingness to work with people?
3) Once the question of God’s willingness to help mankind is accepted, what is the next question that pops up?
4) What is so special about the Old Covenant (Mosaic)? Use the chart on Numbers 2 to explain.
5) Where was the Old Covenant given? How does it begin and how does this give us an idea about the relationship God wants with those under the covenant?
6) Where did the term ‘new covenant’ originate from?
7) Provide three ways the New Covenant is superior to the Old Covenant. Which one means the most to you?
8) What is so significant about the two pictures of God’s purpose for redemption?
Part of this book, Redemption Through the Scriptures, is on the web (see below), but the completed book with all the other teaching materials including: the full study guide and available videos, audios, and powerpoints are included in the Discipleship 3rd level library along with other third level BFF publications. These resources enable you to not only grow in Christ, be like Christ but also to have Christ's plan lived out through your life! Or check out the book!
10) If someone suggests that the God of the Old Testament is mean and unpleasant, how will you answer that person?
11) On a scale of 1 to 10, would you say your relationship with God is close, 1 being not so and 10 being very close. Briefly explain.
12) What kind of fruit might appear from being close to God? Give at least three possible fruits?
13) Why do you think God gives us commands? Is it merely because He wants His ways or is there some greater purpose? Read 1 John 5:3 and compare with how this verse compares to your attitude.
14) The modern church is weak due to her focus on her gained freedom rather than what she has been freed from and what she has been freed for. How is this statement true or false?
15) Study John 15:1-16 and describe at least three pictures of intimacy that God purposes to have with His people through Jesus Christ.
16) Why do many people despise marriage as God designed? Why does God use marriage as a picture of His relationship with His people? Identify at least four points.
Next -> Go to the beginning of the book!
Scriptures typically quoted from the New American Standard Bible unless noted:
(C) Copyright The Lockman Foundation 1988