- BFF Home
- About Us
- Life Truths
- RSS Feed
Paul J. Bucknell
“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us” (1 John 4:18-19).
1) What is the two-staged training program John refers to in 1 John 4:18?
2) What important factor does fear play in our lives when young spiritually and physically?
3) How does modern secularism handle discipline, chastisement and fear? Why?
4) How does one transition spiritually from being fear-based to love-based?
5) Is it good to get rid of fear like scaffolding when one learns of God’s love? (Study the term God-fearing in the scriptures.)
6) Describe how spiritually living by love far surpasses living from fear.
7) What are the two ways mentioned to instigate fear and obedience in children? Which is proper?
8) Were you brought up with fear? Explain.
9) Have you ever spiritually transitioned into fully living for the pleasure of God due to being convinced of His great love for you? Explain your journey the best you can.
Scriptures typically quoted from the New American Standard Bible unless noted:
(C) Copyright The Lockman Foundation 1988