Initiating Growth in the Church
Audio Podcast seminar #5/12
Translated from English into Burmese
Isaiah 50:5-9 (Part 2/2)
Paul J. Bucknell
Isaiah 50:5-9 (Part 2/2) The Heart of Discipleship: The Art of Following Jesus translated from English into Burmese.
Practical exposition of Isaiah 50:4-9 shows how to be like Jesus. The purpose of this message is to cause us to want to learn so that we can more effectively serve like Jesus. Isaiah 50:5-9 focuses on the resolve to endure hardship so that we can more effectively serve.
The BFF Burmese Digital Library!
Check out the BFF Burmese Digital Library filled with great Christian resourcess available at our BFF Store for friends and church workers. It now includes all our Burmese resources: audio, videos, handouts, powerpoints, and reading. The thumbdrive is discounted at $14.99! Free to adapt for your own ministry.
Those living in developing countries can see if they qualify for free materials including our Burmese library resources. Of course, everyone can have access to most of these materials here.
Please click below to listen to the audio. Some discussion questions also are provided below as well as links to download for your convenience.
The Heart of Discipleship
Bible Study Questions on
E.) The Resolve of the Disciple (Isaiah 50:5-9)
(5) The Lord GOD has opened My ear; And I was not disobedient, Nor did I turn back. (6) I gave My back to those who strike Me, And My cheeks to those who pluck out the beard; I did not cover My face from humiliation and spitting. (7) For the Lord GOD helps Me, Therefore, I am not disgraced; Therefore, I have set My face like flint, And I know that I shall not be ashamed. (8) He who vindicates Me is near; Who will contend with Me? Let us stand up to each other; Who has a case against Me? Let him draw near to Me. (9) Behold, the Lord GOD helps Me; Who is he who condemns Me? Behold, they will all wear out like a garment; The moth will eat them."(Isaiah 50:5-9).
A disciple withstands difficulties to please His Master (Isaiah 50:5-9)
Purchase the BFF Burmese Library!
Because of the overwhelming response to this material, we limited the videos available online and have made the BFF Burmese Library available at our BFF Store.
This Library includes all 15 bilingual English to Burmese videos, audios, handouts and mp3s. Only $9.25! You can then copy that Library for others.
Oversea pastors can check on conditions for free materials - mention Burmese Library.
- What did the Lord do to His ear (50:5)? What does this mean?
- What is the difference between awakening (4) and opening an ear(5)?
- What was the effect of this in the Servant’s life (5)?
- How committed are you to doing God’s will no matter where, what or when?
- What are the three things He says He does in verse 6?
- Why does He say He does it rather than His enemies doing it to Him?
- In verse 7, it says God helps Him. How does God help Him when suffering pain?
- How do you handle pain and suffering (7)? Do you blame God or trust Him?
- What was His attitudes to those who mistreated Him (8-9)? How do you know?
- Do you always forgive everyone? Why or why not?
- Why should you forgive others?
- How do all of these verses (50:4-9), being the example of Christ, give you extra motivation to faithfully follow and be more like Christ? (see Isaiah 50:4, part 1/2).
Download and listen to podcast with iTunes or Quicktime (free programs).
Next -> Listen to or view session #6 on The Flow.