Video Discipleship Training Seminar #7/12
Initiating Spiritual Growth in the Church
The Flow Level #2: The Young Believer
1 John 2:12-14
Translated from English into Burmese
Rev. Paul J. Bucknell
Helping the Young Believer to Overcome
The means of overcoming anxiety and worry with its associated temptations is given in English and translated into Burmese. This video llustrates how discipleship functions at stage #2 of The Flow. Young believers can be strong and overcome any worry or temptation! This is session 7 of 11 from a pastor's seminar in Burma.
Please click below to watch the video. Study questions and other links are below.
The Flow #2: Download: audio | Powerpoint | Handouts:English - Burmese
Purchase the BFF Burmese DVD!
Because of the overwhelming response to this material, we limited the videos available online and have made the BFF Burmese DVD available at our BFF Store.
This DVD includes all 15 bilingual English to Burmese videos, audios, handouts and mp3s. Only $9.25! You can then copy that DVD for others.
Oversea pastors can check on conditions for free materials - mention Burmese DVD.
General Discussion Questions
- Have you ever discipled anyone at the young believer stage?
- Have you seen how young believers need to learn how to face temptation? What about in your life?
- Have you ever seen any material on helping others overcome temptation? Check out our introductory material D2: Reaching Beyond Mediocrity or our general information page on discipleship level 2.
- What special hints on personally discipling others did you find here? Any special ones on overcoming temptation?
- If you are not yet discipling another at this stage, what holds you back? Ask an older Christian to help you (or help find someone) to work on those areas.
- Do you worry or have difficulty facing temptation. Visit our Overcome Worry: FInding God's Peace series (See image below) or watch the podcast on Understanding Temptation's Power.
Next -> Listen to or view session #8 of the discipleship training seminar. Ephesians 4:11-13 on the vision of the church and training