Romans: Laying a Solid Foundation
The Bible Teacher's Commentary
Paul J. Bucknell
Romans 1:18-32 Advanced
Bible Study Questions
THE GUILT OF MANKIND
Romans 1:17 What is righteousness?
- All accept the fact that God is righteous, but how does the gospel reveal the righteousness of God?
- By what means does a righteous man live on earth?
- Summary: God is not cruel neither is man innocent. Discuss what people around you thnk of these things.
Romans 1:18-23 The Need of the Gospel
- How is the wrath of God revealed in judgment (Romans 1:18)?
- What does wrath mean? What does it mean when it says God has revealed it (Romans 1:18-23)?
- To whom has He revealed it?
- Why has the Lord revealed it? (see 1-23)
- Do these reasons help you to understand God's wrath on all ungodly and unrighteous men?
- Do you really believe God is fiercely angry with ungodly mankind?
- From these verses how should we view men who reject God? In evangelism, we stress the love of God; is the subject of the wrath of God taboo? Necessary?
- Why is there judgment?
- How does He judge?
||Order the Book of Romans: Bible Studies in digital or paperback!
You can download the whole Roman's commentary in eBook (regular print size - pdf).
24-32 The Manner God Judges Wickedness
- What phrase is repeated 3 times in verses 24, 26, 28?
- What is the significance of this phrase?
- How does God judge them (Romans 1:24-25)? What might this refer to?
- What is the reason given in Romans 1:25?
- How does God judge them (Romans 1:26-27)? What does this refer to?
- Does the passage state whether homosexuality is a sin? Explain.
- How is it said that God judges them here (Romans 1:28-32)? What do these ungodly people then do?
- Do you find anything unexpected in the list? Why so?
- Discuss any new thoughts you might have on the significance of how God hands sinful men over to their lusts, passions and minds.
- Romans 1:18 is said to be Roman’s key verse. Why do you think people say this?
||Order the Romans Bible study book.
You can download it as a nicely formatted eBook (regular print size - pdf).
The BFF New Testament Bible Digital Library has all the Roman study and advanced study questions (as above) plus all of BFF's Bible resources. Details or purchase.
Visit the BFF Resource Store page